Der Herold der Wahrheit (Chicago, Ill. and Elkhart, Ind.) was started as a monthly periodical by John F. Funk in 1864 in Chicago. Moving to Elkhart in May 1867, the periodical became semimonthly in 1882, continuing until Oct. 15, 1901 (monthly Jan. & Feb. 1899). Like its sister English-language publication, The Herald of Truth (1864-1908), the periodical targeted a North American Mennonite Church (MC) audience and in its later years had quasi-official status among many Mennonite regional conferences. It included some content not included in The Herald of Truth.
See Bender, Harold S. "Herold der Wahrheit (1864-1901) (Periodical)." Global Anabaptist Mennonite Encyclopedia Online. 1956. Web. 22 Jun 2016. http://gameo.org/index.php?title=Herold_der_Wahrheit_(1864-1901)_(Periodical)&oldid=122973
Digitization of Herold der Wahrheit is sponsored by Anabaptist Mennonite Digital Collaborative, a partnership among Mennonite libraries and archives, with major support from the Schowalter Foundation.